GREAT STRICKLAND, NR PENRITH SELF CATERING COTTAGES
Our self catering holiday cottages are available in the beautiful village of Great Strickland in the Lake District Fringes. The village is located between the Cumbrian mountains in the west and the Pennines in the east. It sits on the east side of the River Leith on agricultural land.
The St Barnabas village church was built in 1872 with a stained glass window and bell turret. To the south is situated the small community of Little Strickland.
There is a pub that offers great service, real ales on tap and extensive menus throughout the day. ‘The Strickland Arms' has been described as the ‘warmest, friendliest pub in the Eden Valley' welcoming walkers, cyclists, and pets. With traditional wooden tables, a private beer garden, and terraced front to overlook the setting sun, The Strickland Arms is a great way to finish a day of exploring over a nice cold beverage.
Great Strickland cottages offer the chance to completely get away from it all, located in a tranquil place with the spectacular countryside, friendly people, and wonderful views. The area of Great Strickland is enclosed with outstanding natural beauty and is an excellent holiday for those of you wishing to experience a few days in the rural country.
Our GREAT STRICKLAND, NR PENRITH Cottages
Please select a property below to view details:
- Location: Great Strickland, Nr Penrith, Lake District Fringes
- Description: Only twenty minutes from Ullswater and fifteen minutes from the Market Town of Penrith this 200 year old barn conversion with beamed ceilings and coal/log fire sits in the picturesque village of Great Strickland.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Sleeps: 5
Select an area below:
- Lake District Cottages (11)
- Lake District Fringes Cottages (15)
- Eden Valley Cottages (11)
- West Cumbria Cottages (1)
- All Lake District & Cumbria Self Catering Cottages (38)