MELKINTHORPE, NR PENRITH SELF CATERING COTTAGES
Melkinthorpe self catering cottages occupy part of the green, rolling countryside of the Eden District in Cumbria. Near the villages Ciliburn and Hackthorpe, Melkinthorpe has many places of interest to explore. The Larch Cottage Nurseries is a pleasure for anyone looking for a peaceful escape, with beautiful exotic flowers, a stone chapel and a number of private gardens to explore.
Melkinthorpe is also home to The Red Barn Gallery, which is considered to be the best art gallery in the Northwest. Internationally known names, spectacular oil paintings, sculptures and first-time artists keep the gallery fresh and attentive. However, if you're looking to satisfy that sweet tooth, an Ice cream farm is located about a half mile southwest of the village.
The area of Melkinthorpe is enclosed with outstanding natural beauty of the Lake District Fringes and is an excellent holiday for those of you wishing to experience a few days in the rural country.
Our MELKINTHORPE, NR PENRITH Cottages
Please select a property below to view details:
- Location: Melkinthorpe, Nr Penrith, Lake District Fringes
- Description: Charming stone built cottage, in this pretty picturesque hamlet about 6 miles south of Penrith, gateway to the Northern Lakes.
- Bedrooms: 2
- Sleeps: 4
Select an area below:
- Lake District Cottages (11)
- Lake District Fringes Cottages (15)
- Eden Valley Cottages (11)
- West Cumbria Cottages (1)
- All Lake District & Cumbria Self Catering Cottages (38)