KIRKOSWALD SELF CATERING COTTAGES
A self catering holiday in the Kirkoswald represents a fantastic opportunity to explore this quiet, unspoiled part of the world and is a frequent winner of the best-kept village competition.
Nestled in Lower Eden Valley of Cumbria, Kirkoswald was once a thriving market town, the market moved from Market Square to Lazonby station. With cobbled streets and Georgian buildings, the village contains a post office, a 12th century Methodist church. There are also 3 pubs available offering an excellent range of fine wines, award winning food, real ales, and friendly customer service. Perfect for a night where you don't want to cook and don't want to head out the area.
The church, known as St Oswald, is where Kirkoswald derived its name. It overlooks the River Eden on the southern edge of the village and is unique in having a 19th-century bell tower. One of Kirkoswald's most impressive buildings is the College. The two-storied house, with its sloping-ended roof, was originally built in 1450 and converted into the college for priests in the 1520's.
Our Eden Valley cottages offer the chance to completely get away from it all, located in a tranquil place with beautiful countryside, friendly people, and historical sites.
Our KIRKOSWALD Cottages
Please select a property below to view details:
- Location: Kirkoswald, Eden Valley
- Description: Nestling in the very popular and charming village of Kirkoswald, one of the best known villages in the magnificent and beacutiful Eden Valley, Raven Prospect is a good and comfortable base for your break.
- Bedrooms: 2
- Sleeps: 4
Select an area below:
- Lake District Cottages (10)
- Lake District Fringes Cottages (8)
- Eden Valley Cottages (4)
- West Cumbria Cottages (1)
- All Lake District & Cumbria Self Catering Cottages (23)